Epilepsy occurrence can be the result of a certain medical condition which can be traced to various factors or injury that might have affected the brain, or the cause may be unknown (idiopathic). These include:
• High Temperature (fever).
• Experiencing head trauma.
• Blood sugar level low.
• Alcohol withdrawal.
• Experience due to Genetic influence.
• Unstable Brain conditions.
• Prenatal injury includes all the injuries and infections that occur during, before or near the birth of a baby because at that time the babies are sensitive to brain damage that can be a result of several factors, such as an infection in the mother, poor nutrition or oxygen deficiencies.
• Developmental disorders such as autism and neurofibromatosis can also lead to Epilepsy occurrence.
• Dealing with Stroke or transient ischemic attack (TIA).
• Dementia, such as Alzheimer's disease.
• Result of few infections, including brain abscess, meningitis, encephalitis, and AIDS
• Brain tumour.
• Unusual blood vessels in the brain.
• The Result of some illness that leads to damage or destroys brain tissue.
• Use of certain medications, including tramadol, antidepressants, cocaine, and amphetamines.
• Lack of oxygen to the brain.
• The occurrence of Epilepsy seizures usually starts between the age of 5 and 20, but they can happen at any age. There may be a family history of seizures or epilepsy. In order to have a better healthy life if you are dealing with any of the above issues then you should consult the experts of Pediatric Urgent Care Near Me.
Some treatment options that you should follow for your better health includes the following:-
• Take Anti-epileptic (anticonvulsant, antiseizure) drugs In some cases it can reduce the number of seizures you have and in some people, this can be permanently cured so it's advised to take exactly as prescribed.
• Use of Vagus nerve stimulator can help in preventing seizures. This is a device placed under the skin through surgical operation on the chest and electrically which stimulates the nerve that runs through your neck.Ketogenic diet: More than half of people who don’t respond to medication benefit from this high fat, low carbohydrate diet.
• Undergo Brain surgery. The part of the brain that experience seizure activity can be removed or altered.
• The first treatment that exists for epilepsy is antiseizure medication. It results in less occurrence and severity of seizures.
• Some Common epilepsy medications available are:
valproic acid (Depakote).
• It is necessary to change your dosage quantity from time to time. For this, you need regular blood tests to check for side effects.
• In some cases, surgery is better option to remove the abnormal brain cells which lead to the seizures.
• It is better to take ketogenic diet it includes low in carbohydrates, such as the Atkins diet, may also be helpful in some adults.
• Patient with epilepsy should wear medical alert jewelry in case of emergency the medical treatment can be given instantly.
• Persons with poorly controlled epilepsy should not drive.
• The activities that include loss of awareness or machinery such as climbing to high places, biking, and swimming alone should be avoided in order to avoid loss of accidents.
After reading above information if you still left with any queries then you can consult the experts of Urgent Care Bedminster.