- 65 years old or older people and those who live in nursing homes.
- People having chronic heart or lung conditions for 6 months or old
- People with diabetes, chronic kidney disease, a compromised immune system, or anyone who needs regular medical care that is 6 months or older
- 6 months to 18 years children who are on long term aspirin therapy and those who are 6 months to 23 months old
- Women who get pregnant in the flu season
- People with brain injury, brain disease, spinal cord injury, seizure disorders and other nerve or muscle disorders that can make breathing or swallowing difficult.
Besides this people who daily come in contact with people suffering from flu should be given flu shot in Weehawken. The best time to get these shots is from latter part of September to mid November.